The new SDG Official Plan was approved on February 4, 2018. The 20-day appeal period has now passed.
Notice to residents: The Official Plan was approved with modifications. You will find the modifications and maps here.
Municipalities develop official plans to set out goals and rules to govern growth and development; this plan is approved by the province. Official plans are implemented locally through tools like zoning by-laws, site plans, and plans of subdivision.
- Provides policy framework for planning decisions and development in the County and local municipalities
- Approved by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) on February 4, 2018
- Serves as the Official Plan for the lower tier municipalities in SDG
- Designates lands for uses like residential, employment, commercial, etc.
- Is exempt from Ministry approval for Official Plan Amendments